WELCOME TO THE 2016 SPRING FLING INVITATIONAL
& Go Head-to-Head with some of the Midwest’s Best!
Saturday, Feb. 4th and 5th
Join us at Wisconsin’s premiere racing destination for the 13th annual SPRING FLING Invitational at Mt. La Crosse. Get the chance to meet and compete with racers representing other ski areas and race clubs from our Tri-State region. And do so in a festive, end-of-season atmosphere that mixes challenging courses with an upbeat spin and plenty of awards in all categories and divisions.
Get ready to enjoy a good time and a great racing experience. Sign up and bring your friends!
Online Registration Deadline: MIDNIGHT of TUESDAY, FEB. 28th
Age Classifications: The event is open to all racers ages U25 and under.
- Age classes: U25 (ages 18-25), U19 (ages 16-18), U16 (ages 14-15), U14 (ages 12-13),
U12 (ages 10-11), U10 (ages 8-9), and U8 (7 & under).
Race Venues: This race will take place on two venues:
- THUNDERATION (LONG COURSE): Age Classes U14-16-18-25
- Opt-up option: Experienced U12 racers may opt to register and compete as U14’s on the longer course. You may not change the opt-up decision after the close of online registration,
- WHITE HOUSE (SHORT COURSE): Age Classes U8-10-12.
- Please note: Registration is Online only.
How to Register online:
- Go to mtlacrosse.com/springfling. Complete and submit the information.
- Print out your downloadable fact sheet & schedule.
- Print out and sign your liability waiver form and send to address below.
Volunteer Worker Registration:
- Volunteer for the position of your choice online at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094aa5a82ea7f49-20151
- Volunteer lunches available at the Race Office in the Sitzplatz
- $120, which includes your two-day lift ticket and your souvenir bib (Racer fees and bid fees are non-refundable).
- Make payment to Sue Bluske at address below or bring with on that day.
- Make check payable to 7 Rivers Winter Sports Club
Competitor Bib Distribution Site & Hours:
- Race Office in the Sitzplatz
- Friday, 6-8 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:30 a.m. until time of inspection.
- Includes collection of liability waivers registration payment.
Race/Course Worker Lift Tickets
Complimentary lift tickets will be provided as needed for coaches and course workers. Sign up with the race organizers in the Sitzplatz for the coach and worker lift tickets.
Friday Night Events:
- 8 p.m: Team Captains/Race Officials Meeting, Ullr Room at Mt. La Crosse.
- 6-8 p.m: Early Bib Distribution, Sitzplatz.
- 7:30 a.m: Bib Distribution, waiver collection resumes, Sitzplatz. Each competitor must submit hill & race liability waivers at that time.
- 7:30-8:30 a.m: Race Workers Sign-In, Sitzplatz Race Office
- 8:30 a.m: Gate Judges Meetings, Ullr
Saturday Races: One combined-time GS race, followed by one single-run race.
- In the combined event, DQ and DNF racers in the first run may take their second run, but they will not receive an overall score in the combined race.
Sunday Races: Two Slalom races.
- Each race will consist of a single run.
An Awards Ceremony will be held at the end of each day.
- Medals awarded to the top five finishers in every event for each gender and age group.
Start Times: The races will start at 9:05 AM each day with course inspection starting at 8:30 AM.
Souvenir T-shirts and hats will be available for purchase: First-come—first-served basis.
HELP! Volunteers (gate judges, result board, course workers) will be needed. Please indicate your willingness to assist either by registering on the SignUpGenius link (see instructions above), or by emailing Cindy Patza, Race Administrator, email@example.com.
- Contact either:
Remember the lift ticket for the racer is included with the bib and racer fees. Families of the racers will have to purchase their own lift tickets at the main desk. Discounted two-day lift ticket rate: Adult: $71, Junior: $65
Please mail all fees for the racer and liability forms to:
c/o 7 Rivers Winter Sports Club
3321 So. 28th Street
La Crosse, WI. 54601